Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I really wanted to do this since I joined my present workplace...

There were interesting patterns in the seismic images taken of the earth's subsurface (to detect cavities, potentially for oil; very basic process in oil exploration)... and I wondered if a portrait could be made out of these seismic images... so here is my first attempt at making a seismic portrait of Jinnah, founder of Pakistan.


(688 X 1024) © sami jan

It was made using 17 tiles cut from a seismic image and fed to easyMosaic2005... the greyed areas were introduced by the software, they were necessary to bring out the features... maybe if someone spends more time on making better tiles for the seismic image, there will be no need for this greying

A print-out on A-4 sized paper looks pretty good

No comments: